Monday, November 03, 2008

Seriously???

EDITED TO ADD: I am 99% sure that the accidents are unrelated to the babies-or any other changes around here. This started months before I was even pregnant and I can't think of any incident that might have triggered it. It's been going on for well over a year but the doctor dismissed it as not being a concern because he has no other physical symptoms. I am going to try using the timer idea. Right now he sits there shaking his legs and very obviously holding it in so I know that he could make it in time. I'll make another doctor's appointment too and see if they'll do a blood test to rule out diabetes. I have no idea what else it could be...

The Q & A post is coming but first I have to ask you all a question.

Joshua is 4 years old. Almost 4 1/2 now.

Last fall Joshua started to have to pee very frequently. I specifically remember our trip home last Thanksgiving when he peed 12 times on the 9-hour trip. And he hadn't had a drop to drink in the van.

I made him a doctor's appointment just to be sure it wasn't a UTI although he had no other symptoms to note. The doctor talked about diabetes but again, no symptoms other than the peeing.

Fast forward a few weeks and J started peeing in his pants. At first it was rare. Then it was once a day. Now it is several times a day, everyday. Although today he only did it once so go figure... It seems that he can hold it because when we are out he doesn't pee in his pants. But when he gets the urge he has to go immediately. As a result we are constantly pulling over on the side of the road, in parking lots, etc.

Joshua has been out of diapers for 2 years. He has always wet the bed at night and still does. Matthew wet the bed until just after his 4th birthday so I'm not concerned about that part. J's constant accidents are getting old though! The other day I actually put him back in diapers and he was fine with that. Usually he is wearing training pants but they were all in the wash.

My sanity cannot handle 5 children in diapers all day. Please help! Suggestions? Advice? It seems that he has frequent urination but I don't know what could be causing it. And I suspect that he is just too lazy to stop playing to go as frequently as his bladder needs him to go. Have any of you experienced this before?
Related Posts with Thumbnails